Palometa Club, Mexico with Simon Gawesworth
May 12 - 19, 2023
Join Far Bank’s Education and Engagement Manager Simon Gawesworth for a week of saltwater flats fishing for permit, bonefish, and tarpon on Mexico’s famed Ascension Bay.
The Palometa Club (“The Permit Club”) is an exclusive fly fishing lodge on the northeastern edge of the famed Ascension Bay, which caters to fly anglers who are serious about stalking permit, bonefish, tarpon, and snook.
Group size: 8 anglers
- May 12, 2023: Depart home, arrive Cancún International Airport (CUN), arrive Palometa Club
- May 13 – 18, 2023: 6 days guided fishing
- May 19, 2023 : Depart Palometa Club, depart Cancún International Airport (CUN), arrive home
Rate: $4,500 per person + $500 Group Leader Fee based on double occupancy/shared boat.
- Accommodations and meals at lodge
- Round-trip ground transportation between Cancún and the lodge
- Guided fishing
- Happy Hour beverages (margaritas, beer, local rum drinks)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Voluntary casting and knot lessons
- One day fishing with Simon (first 6 booked only)
- Use of Sage, Redington and RIO gear
- Customized swag bag with appropriate flies, leaders, and tippet
- Wireless internet
- Airfare to/from Cancún
- Additional alcoholic beverages outside of Happy Hour
- Staff & guide gratuities
- Fishing tackle & flies
- Departure taxes
- Additional activities
- Laundry service
Meet Simon Gawesworth
Simon Gawesworth has been part of the Far Bank team for 20 years. Simon is one of fly fishing's most widely recognized personalities and one of the leading authorities on both Spey casting and single-hand casting instruction. He has written numerous articles, published books, and made instructional videos on single and two-handed fly casting.