Iceland Travel Information
By Max Salzburg
April 7, 2021
- All travelers need a valid passport with at least six months validity to enter Iceland.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have passed the two week immunity period:
- Do not need to participate in COVID-19 testing requirements. Proof of official COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will be required for entry.
- Accepted COVID-19 vaccines: Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech), Moderna, Covidshield (Astra Zeneca), Janssen.
- Travelers who are not fully vaccinated (have only received a single vaccination) or are not pass the two week immunity period:
- Must complete a mandatory COVID-19 (PCR and/or serology) test on arrival, free of charge.
- Quarantine for 5-6 days then complete a second COVID-19 test. After two negative tests, quarantine is lifted.
- All travelers to Iceland are required to fill out a pre-registration form prior to arrival.
COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry to the United States:
As of June 12th, 2022, The United States is no longer requiring a negative COVID-19 test result to re-enter the country.
- CDC Requirements
- U.S. State Department, Iceland
- U.S. Embassy in Iceland
- Iceland Pre-Registration Form
The gem of Scandinavian salmon fishing.