By Jake Crawford
La Alondra'i and Itati Lodge with Jake Crawford
March 18 - 25, 2023
Experience Argentine Dorado
Join Fly Water Travel’s Patagonia Destination Manager Jake Crawford for six days of fishing for golden dorado in the Iberá Wetlands and upper Parana in northern Argentina.
The La Alondra’i and Itati trip is a unique Argentine offering that enables guests to fish two very distinct fisheries and stay at multiple accommodations during a single week. The first portion of the week is based out of the understated yet elegant La Alondra’i where guests will venture out into the lodge’s exclusive-use waters of the Iberá Wetlands. This portion of the trip will focus on top-water fishing for dorado in the 5-to 20-pound class and includes two rustic overnights deep within the wildlife-rich marsh. After an additional night at La Alondra’i, guests will take a private charter flight to Itati Lodge on the banks of the mighty Parana River. Here guests will spend three days targeting trophy dorado with wet flies. These fish are not easy, but every cast comes with a chance at a fish in 20-to 40+ pound class. With top-notch guides, exceptional meals, and private charter flights to and from Buenos Aires, this is the most efficient, unique and varietal dorado trip in all Argentina.
Group Size: 8 anglers
- Friday, March 17: Overnight in Buenos Aires.
- Saturday, March 18: Depart Buenos Aires on a special charter flight to Concepcion. Transfer to La Alondra’i Lodge and overnight.
- Sunday, March 19 - Monday, March 20: Two full days fishing in the Iberá Wetlands, overnighting at both satellite camps in the Iberá Wetlands.
- Tuesday, March 21: Full day fishing in the Iberá Wetlands. Return to La Alondra’i to overnight.
- Wednesday, March 22: Early morning charter flight from La Alondra’i to Itati Lodge (30
minute flight). Full day fishing in the upper Parana River. Overnight at Itati Lodge.
- Thursday, March 23 - Friday, March 24: Two full days fishing the upper Parana River and overnight at Itati Lodge.
- Saturday, March 25: Charter flight from Itati Lodge directly to Buenos Aires.
Rate: $6,850 per person based on double occupancy for a 7 night/6 day package
Included: Charter flights between lodges and Buenos Aires, guided fishing, accommodations, all meals and beverages, including beer, wine and alcohol, ground transfers to charter flight airports, fishing license, flies, and equipment
Not Included: International flights, laundry, staff and guide gratuities
About Jake Crawford
Jake specializes in Fly Water Travel’s operations in Argentina and Chile.
In addition to finding the right water, having the right gear can help make any day that much better. For over 20 years Fly Water Travel has been fly fishing's most trusted and respected source for finding the right water. Now, along with Sage, RIO Products, and Redington, Fly Water Travel is a proud member of the Far Bank Family. As part of this larger team, we are able to access decades worth of manufacturing passion and knowledge enabling us to expand our role to include in-depth advice on the world's best rods, reels, lines, and flies.