Togiak River Lodge with Steve Morrow
June 21 - June 26, 2022
Join Epic Waters Angling’s Steve Morrow at Togiak River Lodge to swing flies for king salmon
Fly Water Travel and Epic Waters Angling are proud to introduce an exclusive trip to Alaska’s prolific Togiak River. The Togiak is a big brawling southwest Alaskan river renowned for its abundant returns of king salmon in addition to a host of other worthy species. Long thought to be too much river for fly anglers to effectively target kings, the Spey fishing revolution along with the anadromous experts at Epic Waters recently changed that assumption forever. Their 2019 exploratory season was extremely successful with much higher catch rates than they had hoped for. From the comfort of a simple six-person tent camp, guests will now be able to target the west’s most underutilized king system.
A Note From David Kalinowski
The Togiak River has long been on our radar at Fly Water Travel. The sprawling river historically has consistent runs of king salmon but not so easy access, especially for fly anglers. The river’s character certainly matches our interests which tend towards swinging flies with Spey Rods. Guests will be targeting fresh/bright king salmon in the 15- to 40- pound range with mostly big flies of rabbit, rhea, and marabou. The focus on two handed casting with heavy tips and Skagit heads while wading. The days will be split, fish hard early and late, with a break in the middle, taking advantage of the times when no others are fishing. The days will be long, there will be a lot of fishing time in just a handful of days.
Group size: 6 anglers
- Day 1: Arrive in Anchorage. Overnight (independently arranged and not included in package).
- Day 2: Charter flight to Togiak and a boat transfer to the lodge. Fish an evening session.
- Day 3 - 6: Four full days of split schedule guided fly fishing.
- Day 7: Boat transfer back to Togiak for the charter to Anchorage, then connect to a late flight home.
- $5,950 per person based on double occupancy for a 5 night/5 day package
- Accommodations and meals at the camp
- Guided fishing
- A limited selection of flies and/or terminal tackle
- Transportation between Anchorage and the lodge
- Round trip airfare to Anchorage
- Accommodations and meals in Anchorage
- Waders with rubber soled boots
- Staff and guide gratuities